Sunday, September 27, 2009

Life is worth saving


This past Saturday I went to a fund raising walk out at Crissy Field in San Francisco. It was one of those perfect weather days that grace SF in late Sept. and early Oct. it was glorious. Any way the walk was for suicide prevention the group was afsp.org and was pretty gut wrenching and at the same time uplifting. People that are close to me now how suicide has touched my life and my families and the ripple effect it has, and the on going questions in our minds. I have struggled for over 40 years dealing with all the emotions surrounding suicide, guilt, fear, anger, resentment and a huge battle with depression. With depression come thoughts that I hate to admit at times include just ending it all. I have made a promise to myself and my wife that I will never do this because I know better than most the repercussions of this ultimate act. This is a subject that seems to still be taboo and avoided by most people and that is a shame. I know that it touches more lives then people like to admit and the thoughts of just ending your own personal pain has crossed more minds than will ever even admit to themselves. I love life and I want nothing but the best for everyone but we all need to look into the shadows that lurk in the back of each of our minds and confront our demons. I hope this hasn't put you off and been some morbid topic that isn't worthy of contemplation. If you need help it's out there and I am here and will listen and understand, because I am you.

See Ya Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment