Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Reconnection Is A Must


I don't know about you but I have put up walls around my feelings. What I mean is I realize that from a very young age I learned if I didn't get too close to someone I couldn't get hurt so bad. I mean in reality it doesn't make any sense because it keeps me from the true connection that I want and need the most. I have been through a lot of therapy over the years and believe it or not I am a lot better then I used to be. That doesn't mean that I'm not still pretty screwed up but I am better. I CRAVE to reconnect and build close relationships with my wife, kids, grandkids, friends, myself and of course God. Is this a tall order? I don't think so. It will take me training my subconscious to reject my old arms length way of dealing with people especially my dear wife Mary. I study the Bible and the Tao and pray to God for strength and guidance everyday. So I opened a Facebook account and have found a lot of my family are there too and maybe it can be a way to keep the door open to each other and not get too far apart. If any of my family or friends read this I love you all and I'm so sorry for being distant and disconnected, I want to be part of your lives if you'll let me.


Love Ya Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment