Friday, January 15, 2010

Not Going To Hide From It


At times it may be easier and sometimes needed, but to ignore what's going on in the world near and far is wrong and selfish. The far off tragedies or the problem across the street are part of our collective reality and need to be pondered and acted upon. I was just at a church service or meeting and there was no mention of putting out prayers to the people affected by the earthquake in Haiti, it seemed strange to me. The people look different then us and believe different then us, does that make it easier to not look at? I don't know, but I do care and I feel a deep sadness that the human connection at the souls level is missing with so many people. Any way I am praying for Haiti and will donate some money to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment