Thursday, September 13, 2012

Older Worker Forced Out

I am about to turn 58 I am not a young guy but I am in great health and have knowledge and experience that is invaluable. Yet I was just let go at my job of 11 years out of the blue. As I look back over the recent past I can see the set up. There is new and younger upper management at my former employer and at our largest municipal contract that I was a foreman over a large portion. When I took over in that role things were not only a mess but out of control and no historical documentation on how it needed to run. The expectations and standards were raised much higher than they had ever been in the past. I know that my work had greatly increased level of service.

This is what's going on in the service sector especially. The older worker costs the companies more and has a sense of morality that is not always shared by the corporate world. The loyalty and years that most older employees put in to a company are not ever returned in kind. So I am not going to lay down and just take it I will do what I need to do to get what I deserve from that company. It is always darkest before the dawn. Day is about to break.

See Ya Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment